DataCore Pricing and Licensing
DataCore storage virtualization software is licensed and priced according to:
- How much capacity is managed in the storage pool
- How many DataCore nodes will be used to virtualize the storage for the rest of the IT infrastructure
- Any optional features selected (most features are included in the base product license)
The software licenses are portable. In other words, your customers can replace or upgrade the server on which their DataCore software runs without incurring any additional license charges. The licenses only need to be reassigned to the new machine.
Pricing & Licensing Parameters
- Managed Capacity: By managed capacity, DataCore means how much disk space falls under the control of the DataCore nodes. Your customers may start out with only enough licenses to cover a small storage pool, then granularly add capacity licenses as their disk space expands.
- Nodes: SANsymphony-V software runs on Windows servers assigned specifically to virtualize storage. These servers become known as "DataCore nodes." the nodes are generally shared amongst several host machines (virtual or physical servers). Each DataCore node requires one product license.
- Optional Features: Some features not included with the base product license may be licensed as separately-priced options.
Upgrades (Carry-Forward Value Protection Program)
DataCore recognizes that you cannot anticipate all customer needs on day one. For this reason, the price to upgrade a license from a lower tier is simply the price difference between the two.